Robert Lawrence Breyer
Configuration Management Administrator
Broadcom Corp. San Diego
I am task and results-oriented and continuously strive to improve the
user experience of the Configuration Management (CM) environments. I
have good general knowledge of the end to end CM process and am able to
consult on CM best practices and industry trends. I have very strong
analytical, communications, and written skills. I also have very good
relationship building skills.
I bring many years of practical, relevant experience as a creative
problem solver with a proven ability to operate in an autonomous
capacity. I can be a team player, yet work well independently, and have
excellent verbal and written communication skills. I consistently
manage multiple deliverables simultaneously. I take ownership of the
tasks and I don't hesitate to "roll up my sleeves" to get the job done.
As a Configuration Management Administrator I am required to assist in
the support and administration of enterprise Configuration Management
(CM) standard applications within Broadcom. I work in conjunction with
the CM Leads on implementing enterprise Software Configuration
Management (SCM) and Hardware Configuration Management (HCM) solutions
for the Broadcom engineering community. I implement Broadcom standard
SCM and HCM tools. I assist in implementation and support documentation
to help transition groups to new tools and procedures and ensure the
groups continuous success with the tools.
Current job responsibilities
- Assist with scoping, sequencing, planning, and creating CM environments.
- Assist in any migration of CM tools; for example CVS to Subversion,
Perforce or IC Manage.
- Assist in project and server upgrade activities for the CM environments.
- Assist with CM solutions support throughout Broadcom.
- Documentation, training and any tasks that will enable the CM team to
help better support the software and hardware engineers.
- Assist in supporting the engineering community via our Remedy support system.
- Address various CM projects as directed by the CM Team Lead.
- Work closely with Broadcom team members from engineering to management levels,
as required by assigned tasks.
- Schedule and manage projects provided by CM Team Lead.
- Complete execution of projects provided by CM Team Lead. Successful
completion of the project will be confirmed by the Team Lead.
- Provides project status reports on a weekly basis to ensure that the
management team is informed of the progress.
- Provide input to the CM roadmap activities.
- Provide input for team goals and one page strategy.
Experience applicable to this role
- More than 20 years of Linux RedHat / UNIX administration experience.
- Over 20 years scripting experience with Bash, Perl, and Cshell.
- Over 20 years C/C++ programming experience.
- More that 5 years of CM Administration.
- More than 5 years of experience with Perforce.
- Many years using Microsoft Office documentation and presentation products.
- I have more than 10 years experience with CM processes.
- I have more than 10 years experience with CM concepts, tools, and
- Many years experience with mainstream CM products: Perforce, SVN, and Git.
- Familiar with Issue Management systems such as Remedy and Jira.
- Experience with IC Manage, Synchronicity/DesignSync, and Methodics.
- Excellent matrix organization project and task management skills.
- Experience in a large, complex organization / corporate structure environment.
- I am effective interfacing with users, staff, and customers.
- I work in dynamic situations with heavy time pressures.
- I work well in a changing environment with high expectations for execution.
- I work well in a flat, influenced based organization.
- I am able to market and sell solutions, helping others to understand
the value of change.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills for
communicating with both internal and external customers.
- Strong business analysis and presentation skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong understanding, based on solid experience, in hardware, software
and other technology development processes and methodologies.
- Proven track record of successful implementation of CM processes
covering multi-site, multi-technology scenarios.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.